Hatake Kakashi, also known as the Copy Ninja, is a Jonin from Konoha.
He’s the first sensei of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura (in team 7), and plays a central role in Naruto’s success as a shinobi.
Kakashi is a well-rounded ninja, respected by all; let’s dive deep in his character with 72 awesome Kakashi quotes!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 Kakashi Best Quotes
- 2 Kakashi Funny Quotes
- 3 Kakashi Motivational Quotes
- 4 Kakashi Hatake Quotes About Friends
- 5 Kakashi Quotes About Love
- 6 Kakashi Quotes About Revenge
- 7 More Great Kakashi Sensei Quotes
- 8 What Is Kakashi Famous Quote?
Kakashi Best Quotes
Kakashi is one of the main characters from Naruto, which means there’s no shortage of great quotes from him.
To make it easier for you to browse through all of these 72 quotes, I’ve split them in 7 categories:
- the best ones
- the funny ones
- quotes about friends
- quotes about love
- quotes about revenge
- ... and all the rest
Let’s start with our first category, the best quotes from Kakashi.
Below are all of Kakashi best quotes:
- “A ninja must see underneath the underneath.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Don’t look away... When you live like a Shinobi, this is how it ends.” Hatake Kakashi
I also have important things that I want to protect, as a shinobi.
— Kakashi Hatake
- “I don’t care if you are one of the legendary Sannin, the great shinobi of legend. I swear, take one more step towards Sasuke, and one of us will die here!” Hatake Kakashi, to Orochimaru
- “Do you really believe that I’ve managed to survive with just Sharingan? Here’s something I didn’t copy. A Jitsu of my own.” Hatake Kakashi
- “In society, those who don’t have many abilities, tend to complain more.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Some people want power and they get mad when they don’t get it. They take their fury out on everyone else. You don’t want it; it becomes you.” Kakashi Hatake
Regardless of what happened, you did the best you could. I understand that now... you broke the rules for all our sakes I’m proud of you now...”
— Kakashi Hatake
- “He’s always trying his best to get people to acknowledge him... For the dream, he’d risk his life at any time... He’s probably sick and tired of crying, he knows what it really means to be strong.” Kakashi Hatake
- “The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It is one of the never-ending cycles in life.” Hatake Kakashi
And there you have them, the 10 best Hatake Kakashi quotes!
These were the best all-around, but now let’s go in deep with quotes based on specific topics.
Kakashi Funny Quotes
Kakashi is undoubtedly one of the funniest characters in Naruto; not because of what he does, but mostly because he always has witty comments.
Whether it’s jokes about why he’s late again, or snarky remarks about his students and Naruto, Kakashi quotes always make me laugh in the anime.
Find all Kakashi funny quotes:
- “Naruto, it’s nice that you removed the poison so spiritedly, but you’ll bleed to death if you lose any more blood... Seriously...” Kakashi Hatake
- “That’s a stupid question.” Kakashi Hatake
- “Hello students, today I got lost on the road of life.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Look, it takes a lot to get me worked up, but this time my boiling point’s as low as it’s ever been. The ‘Copy Ninja’ Kakashi, the man who copied one thousand techniques is about to go on a rampage!” Hatake Kakashi
- “If I’m still sane by the time I finish their training, it’ll be a miracle.” Hatake Kakashi
- See AlsoTop 15 Best Sensei-Student Bonds In of All Time 50 Kakashi Hatake Quotes that Remind Us He is Like Us - AnQuotes.com15 Quotes That Made Us Question Kakashi's Authority (But Left Us Loving Him, Nonetheless)
Leaf Village Secret-Finger Justu... 1,000 Years of Death!!!
— Kakashi Hatake
- “This place makes me think about the mistakes I’ve made in the past... and I’ve made a lot.” Hatake Kakashi
- “You can’t kill the client, Naruto, it doesn’t work that way.” Kakashi Hatake
- “Sorry I’m late guys, a black cat crossed my path so I had to go the long way.” Hatake Kakashi
“Hmmm... how do I put this?” My first impression of this group... you’re a bunch of idiots!
— Kakashi Hatake
- “A cute girl stopped me on the way, so I danced.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Sorry, I knew you wouldn’t want to sit still for a lecture, so I figured I’d have to pin you down.” Kakashi Hatake
- “I’m Hatake Kakashi. Things I like and things I hate? I don’t feel like telling you that... my dreams for the future? Never really thought about that. As for my hobbies... I have lots of hobbies.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Behind this mask is... Another mask! Pretty cool, huh?” Kakashi Hatake
- “Sorry, I’m late. You wouldn’t believe the traffic.” Hatake Kakashi
- “If I’m still sane by the time I finish their training, it’ll be a miracle!” Kakashi Hatake
Which Kakashi Hatake quote did you find the funniest?
For me it’s the excuse about being late because of traffic... Hilarious 😀
Kakashi Motivational Quotes
As a sensei, it’s Kakashi’s job to train his students.
But he doesn’t only train them physically, but also mentally. He’s the motivational figure in their life, and he’s always there to lift others up.
Because of that, it was easy to find some great Kakashi motivational quotes for you.
Read some great Kakashi inspirational quotes:
- “You can’t open the mind to anyone if your mind is not open as well.” Kakashi Hatake
- “Resorting to something like that isn’t going to bury that hole. If you persevere and endure, someone will be there to support you!” Kakashi Hatake
Only because you face adversity and difficulties is no reason to surrender.(Video) Kakashi's 10 Best Quotes
— Kakashi Hatake
- “I really am... shinobi trash. But the one thing I still learned is this. That void is something that everyone helps you fill. Just because you face adversity and hardships, is no reason to give up on this world. A person willing to throw away all those memories of their friends and comrades, will never find peace of mind. Resorting to something like that isn’t going to bury that hole. If you persevere and endure, someone will be there to support you!” Hatake Kakashi
To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.
— Hatake Kakashi
- “As long as you don’t give up, you can still be saved!” Hatake Kakashi
- “You’re wrong. As long as we’re alive, we have to continue fighting. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a shinobi or a regular person. Wielding a kunai or wielding banknotes, it’s the same thing. The very fact of living itself means you’re always fighting for your life.” Hatake Kakashi
- “To abandon your duty is not courageous. Below the courageous, there is nothing.” Kakashi Hatake
I hope you got inspired by these Kakashi quotes; Naruto sure did!
Kakashi Hatake Quotes About Friends
Let’s keep it going with our next category, dedicated to Kakashi Hatake quotes about friends.
The relationships between shinobis are a central part of Naruto, and Kakashi often highlights the importance of friends in life.
Get your favorite Kakashi friend quote in this selection:
- “I’m just a piece of trash... but there are things I learned. The hole in your heart is something other people can fill.” Hatake Kakashi
- “In the shinobi world, those that break the written and unwritten rules are deemed trash... but be that as it may... Those that would disregard their comrades so easily are even worse than trash. And those who don’t have the decency to respect the memories of their comrades are the worst.” Hatake Kakashi
- “I will not let my comrades die. I will protect you with my life. Trust me.” Hatake Kakashi
The people from this village are different from your average village. Even if it means dying, there’s not a single one of us, who would sell out a comrade.
— Hatake Kakashi
- “Naruto has a mysterious power... even without saying much, he can become friends with anyone quickly.” Kakashi Hatake
- “The hole in one’s heart gets filled by others around you. Friends won’t flock to someone who abandons the memory of his friends and gives up on the world just because things don’t go the way he wants them to... That won’t help fill the hole in your heart. And people won’t help those who run away and do nothing... As long as you don’t give up, there will always be salvation.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Don’t you remember Naruto’s words that it’s most painful not to have real comrades inside one’s heart?” Hatake Kakashi
- “If comrades that you trust gather around you, hope can take physical form and become visible. That’s what I believe...” Hatake Kakashi
That was it, 8 great quotes about friendship from Kakashi.
And while we’re on the topic of relationships, let’s move to our next category dedicated to love! ❤️
Kakashi Quotes About Love
Truth is, there is no real love story for Kakashi in the manga.
Because of that, there aren’t really a lot of Kakashi quotes about love.
I’ve managed to find a few, though, mostly from Kakashi talking about the love of others.
Here’s the shortlist of Kakashi Hatake sayings about love:
- “Obito... this is the Jitsu you made me perfect. Rin... Obito cared about you, he loved you. You were everything to him, that’s why he gave his life to protect you.” Hatake Kakashi
- “No matter how far Orochimaru fell, he still loved him... Now I know how the Third Hokage felt.” Hatake Kakashi
- “I don’t know what this boy means to you, Guy, but I shouldn’t have to tell you that we never bring our personal feelings into play. I didn’t think you were capable of it.” Hatake Kakashi
Yes I know, there wasn’t that many.
But hey, if you want more love quotes, check out this compilation of Naruto quotes about love!
Kakashi Quotes About Revenge
Kakashi himself isn’t revengeful.
He is, however, the sensei of Sasuke, which is all about revenge.
In his interactions with Sasuke, Kakashi often talks about revenge, to try to discourage Sasuke from pursuing it.
Find below Kakashi best dialogue lines about revenge:
- “Even if you do succeed in getting revenge, the only thing that remains is emptiness.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Sasuke, there’s more to you than just your clan.... more than just hatred. Take another look... deep inside your heart.” Kakashi Hatake
- “You’ll only tear yourself apart and even if you succeed with your revenge, what would you have then... nothing, emptiness.” Kakashi Hatake
Forget about revenge. The fate of those who seek revenge is grim. It’s tragic, you will end up suffering and hurting yourself even more. Even if you do succeed in getting revenge, the only thing that remains is emptiness.
— Kakashi Hatake
- “Let it go, you’ve got to forget about revenge. Believe me, in this work I’ve met a lot of guys who feel the way you do. Trust me, for those who follow the path of revenge, it never ends well.” Kakashi Hatake
Did you find the right Kakashi revenge quote you were looking for? Sure hope so!
Anyways, if you want to keep browsing, I have a lot Kakashi sensei quotes waiting for you below 👇
More Great Kakashi Sensei Quotes
And finally, the last category of Kakashi quotes and sayings.
The quotes below don’t fall in any of the previous categories, but that doesn’t mean they’re any less awesome!
Here are even more Kakashi Naruto quotes:
- “Gai... what I said earlier... I was out of line. I was being a self-righteous fool. I realize now that if I’d been in your shoes, I probably couldn’t have stopped him, either.” Kakashi Hatake
- “I’ve been around longer than you have, kid. And I’ve seen my share of troubles. You’re not the only one who knows what it’s like to lose somebody. It looks like neither of us has led a charming life, have we? Still, it’s not that bad. At least you and I have been lucky enough to find new comrades to help fill the void.” Hatake Kakashi
- “If I use my Kamui again, it will be the last of my energy and chakra, no doubt I will die! But for now, I must trust the living with this information, it’s the best thing I can do to save the village of Konoha!” Kakashi Hatake
- (Video) 😲💬😎 Top 3 MOST EPIC Anime Quotes (Naruto) #Shorts #AnimeQuotes #Naruto
They say that the nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered down.
— Kakashi Hatake
- “As the fate of the two who founded the village of Konoha, Naruto and Sasuke, their destinies are like theirs.” Hatake Kakashi
- “They’re no longer your students, they’re my soldiers now!” Hatake Kakashi
- “Can you sense it? You are always before his eyes, inspiring him. You make him strong, you do know that, don’t you, Sasuke?” Kakashi Hatake
- “There’s no time like the present, I guess.” Kakashi Hatake
- “Every day, I eat, I sleep, I worry about stupid things. My job is to make sure these kids have as many days as they can where they can be idiots like this.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Whether you hate me or not, I’m the leader. If the team is scattered, there’s only one leader. Therefore, you must follow the instructions of the commander. Obito, you haven’t got any strength. Because of that, I’m the leader.” Kakashi Hatake
You’ve become as strong... if not stronger than me.
— Kakashi Hatake to Naruto
- “It seems like you guys want to kill me. I think eventually the three of you start to like me.” Kakashi Hatake
- “Walking down a path without knowing where you really want to go... Having a grace period like that isn’t so bad.” Hatake Kakashi
- “There’s nothing more boring than a stranger bragging... It’s about time. I’ll make my move! I’ll tell you that the same Jitsu won’t work on me twice.” Hatake Kakashi
- “Because you’re the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth. That’s what I believe.” Hatake Kakashi
- “I miss the cute students who’d react to every little thing I say.” Kakashi Hatake
- “The bigger the technique, the more risk it runs who executes it.” Kakashi Hatake
The very fact of living itself means you’re always fighting for your life.
— Kakashi Hatake
- “While I’d like to act cool and say, ‘You go on ahead’, I won’t be able to hold him off by myself.” Kakashi Hatake
- “I will show you my own move.” Kakashi Hatake
- “I’m telling you this because you don’t get it. You think you get it, which is not same as actually getting it. Get it?” Hatake Kakashi
- “Father, I always wanted to ask you something. I wanted to know why you, the ‘White Fang Of The Leaf’, willingly chose to ignore the village code, to abandon a crucial mission to save your comrades?” Hatake Kakashi
And boom, there you have them all, the 72 quotes from Kakashi Hatake!
Let’s end it with one last thing, to identify the most famous quote from him.
What Is Kakashi Famous Quote?
“In the Ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that’s true. But those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”
This is the most famous quote from Kakashi, initially said by his friend Obito.
Obito’s words really got through to Kakashi’s heart, and he’s made this quote his ever since (also known as the Kakashi scum quote).
Wow congrats, you made it to the end!
I hope you liked reading through this list, and rediscovering some of the most iconic quotes from the anime.
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all?Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
If I had to choose just one quote Kakashi said in the manga, my pick would be #8 “Regardless of what happened, you did the best you could. I understand that now... you broke the rules for all our sakes I’m proud of you now...” – such an emotional moment when Kakashi finally understands his father’s choice and tells him he’s proud of him.
What is Kakashi's famous quote? ›
One of his most lovable quotes was when he said, "Every day, I eat, sleep, and worry about stupid things. My job is to ensure that these kids have as many days as possible where they can be idiots like this."What is Kakashi's favorite word? ›
Favorite Word/Quote: “Yo!” / “Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.”What was Kakashi's slogan? ›
11 "In The Ninja World, Those Who Break The Rules Are Scum, That's True. But Those Who Abandon Their Friends Are Worse Than Scum." This is another one of Kakashi's iconic quotes, and it's pretty cool and intimidating at the outset.What is Kakashi inspired by? ›
Kishimoto was even able to interview Blade of the Immortal's creator, Hiroaki Samura, where he revealed that his designs for Kakashi and Iruka were directly inspired by two characters from Blade of the Immortal, Magatsu and Manji, respectively.What is Kakashi's right eye called? ›
Kakashi's Sharingan (写輪眼, lit. "Copy Wheel Eye", English manga: "Mirror Wheel Eye") was introduced to give the character mystery as only members from the Uchiha clan could possess it.What Kakashi always read? ›
Icha Icha is wildly popular, giving Jiraiya's checkbook a balance that is "filled with zeroes". Kakashi Hatake is a particular fan of the series; he enjoys reading the books even while in the middle of conversations.Who is Kakashi's BFF? ›
By the end of Naruto, Kakashi acknowledged Guy as his true rival and best friend.What is Kakashi's type of girl? ›
He could either be with someone who's loud, silent (not shy), or regular. He wouldn't be good with a shy character. I don't really see him being with someone overly cheery; but optimistic is fine. They'd have to be a ninja to understand his past and the way he is, and to understand that he could die any day.What does Kakashi say when he's late? ›
“Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life. -Kakashi Sensei”What is Kakashi's favorite jutsu? ›
Raikiri, also known as Lightning Blade, is one of Kakashi's favorite Jutsus. A technique he created himself, Raikiri is a very powerful offensive technique that pierces almost anything it touches.
What is Kakashi's quote to Sasuke? ›
[To Sasuke] Let it go, you've got to forget about revenge. Believe me, in this work I've met a lot of guys who feel the way you do. Trust me, for those who follow the path of revenge, it never ends well. You'll only tear yourself apart and even if you succeed with your revenge, what would you have then...Who is Kakashi's wife? ›
Mina (ミナ, Mina) is a girl with no known family members and who has a mysterious past. She is currently living in Konohagakure with her husband Kakashi Hatake and their son Ken Hatake.Did Kakashi love any girl? ›
Kakashi has never really expressed interest in anyone other than maybe Hanare, as mentioned above. Kakashi doesn't really seem to get wrapped up in romantic feelings, and he doesn't flirt with any of the ninjas around him. Even as Kakashi has aged, his interest in pursuing others hasn't seemed to have changed any.What is Kakashi's age? ›
13 Kakashi Hatake
Throughout the first part of the show, Kakashi is between 26 and 27 years old, while he goes from 29 to 31 years old in the second anime series.
Did Kakashi Hatake have any girlfriend? Yes, he did. Her name is Hanara, Kakashi met her crying in her village and saved her from the Jōmae Village Head . Soon enough they developed romantic feelings for each other yet Kakashi had to leave back to Konoha.Why did Kakashi hide his face? ›
In an interview, series creator Kishimoto Masashi said that he initially designed Hatake Kakashi wearing a face mask because it felt consistent with the secrecy and mysteriousness inherent in being an accomplished shinobi. Further, Kishimoto had hoped to introduce more masked characters.Is Kakashi weak without Sharingan? ›
There is no doubt that Kakashi is quite strong despite the loss of Sharingan. He is by no means weak and can hold his ground against tough opponents. Whether it be his ninjutsu, taijutsu, or shuriken jutsu, Kakashi has mastered them all.How did Kakashi get his scar? ›
Kakashi is known for a long scar that travels through his eye and down the side of his face. That particular scar was the result of Kakashi taking a blow meant for Obito. The blow didn't just leave a permanent mark; it also left him blind in that same eye.What is Kakashi's biggest fear? ›
3) Kakashi Hatake
It might be surprising that the likes of Kakashi might have a fear. But he was deathly afraid of someone spoiling the plot of the “Make Out Tactics” book. This book was written by none other than Jiraiya, one of the Legendary Sannin.
Kakashi is a master of over a 1000 jutsu but these are some of his rarest techniques. Kakashi Hatake is one of the most powerful characters in the Naruto world. Known to have been a prodigy from a very young age, Kakashi grew up to become one of the very strongest ninjas to have ever existed in Konohagakure.
Is Kakashi a genius? ›
6 Kakashi Hatake: He Is The Youngest Academy Graduate In The Series To Date. One of the most prodigious characters in the story, Kakashi Hatake was the son of the legendary Sakumo. He possessed tremendous skill even as a kid and graduated from the academy at the age of 5.Who kisses Kakashi? ›
Kakashi taught Hanare to look up at the clouds for guidance whenever she felt sad and lonely, this memory she cherished. Kakashi and Hanare accidentally kiss.Who loves Kakashi? ›
KakaRin (カカリン, KakaRin) is the term used to refer to the romantic relationship between Kakashi Hatake and Rin Nohara.Who is Kakashi most shipped with? ›
Kakashi/Sakura (2,300+ Works)
One relationship that is truly hit or miss with fans is that between Sakura and Kakashi.
Hōki has brown messy hair and purple eyes. In the Academy, he wears a dark blue shinobi garment and an unzipped teal vest over it. As a shinobi, Hōki wears his vest zipped. In homage to his idol, Kakashi, he wears a dark blue face mask and his forehead protector adjusted over his left eye.Is Kakashi's hair Gray? ›
Kakashi appears as a young man around his thirties, with silver-gray hair which always covers his left eye. Except from his right eye, his face is a mystery to everybody, it seems no one has seen it before.What color is Kakashi's right eye? ›
Appearance. Kakashi is a fit and relatively tall man, with fair skin, spiky silver hair often oriented to his left side, and dark grey eyes, traits that he inherited from his father; he has a small vertical scar running over his left eye (which was soon replaced by a Sharingan).What is Kakashi 1000 years of death called? ›
Trivia. The official name for this technique is Sennen Goroshi. However, the name is sometimes thought erroneously to be Sennen Gurushi (千年苦し), meaning something along the lines of "Thousand Years of Pain".Why was Kakashi depressed? ›
6 Kakashi Suffered From PTSD After The War
Although Rin decided to jump in front of Kakashi's Raikiri, to him, it felt like he murdered her. This hurt him especially more since he had promised to protect her at all costs to Obito before he "died."
Kakashi tends to fall asleep on his side and wakes up on his back usually. With his s/o, he prefers to be on his side so that he can drape an arm over them and have their back to him. He likes to rest his head against their back and breath in their scent from their hair.
How does Kakashi introduce himself? ›
Things I like and things I hate… I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future…Did Kakashi respect guy? ›
By the end of Naruto, Kakashi acknowledged Guy as his true rival and best friend.Who was Kakashi's crush? ›
Kakashi has never really expressed interest in anyone other than maybe Hanare, as mentioned above. Kakashi doesn't really seem to get wrapped up in romantic feelings, and he doesn't flirt with any of the ninjas around him.When did Kakashi kiss? ›
When Kakashi and Hanare stop to look at the clouds after taking a walk, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, who were eavesdropping on the conversation, fell out of a tree, causing Kakashi to fall on top of Hanare, making them accidentally kiss.What is Kakashi's fighting style? ›
Kakashi using Rasengan. Kakashi primarily relies on his mastery of ninjutsu, possessing both great skill and otherwise knowledge of which he has gained a vast arsenal due in part to his Sharingan; being noted to have copied over a thousand techniques, the number has continually been growing through his many battles.Does Kakashi love Sakura? ›
They do care and love each other but its a kind of love between a student and a teacher. Its a platonic relationship. Kakashi viewed Sakura in the same way he viewed Naruto and Sasuke. They are his students.Is Kakashi Hatake asexual? ›
Short answer: Probably not. There is little to no evidence that suggests Kakashi is attracted to men. He avidly reads the Make-out Paradise series, and that series was written by the horniest, straightest man in Naruto: The Pervy Sage Jiraiya.